Protect Your Kids...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teacher's Day

So I met with a group of coaches last night to set up their league's BALL program.  Paul Escobar, one of the coaches, came up to me afterwards.  He coaches 11 and 12 year olds.

Paul: "I really like this BALL concept.  It fits in with the way I coach."
Me:  "Really?  I'm glad you think so. How is that?"
Paul: "Teachers never seem to get the credit they deserve.  Last year I got the idea to have the kids write a short essay on their favorite teacher.  Then, I personally invited the teachers to one of the games so our team could honor them.  Everyone loved it!"
Me:  "That's AWESOME! Can I steal that idea?"
Paul: "Of course!"

HOW COOL IS THAT?

I feel like I've found a kindred spirit.  Here's a guy who gets it.

Sports can be used for so much more than simply learning the skills necessary to play the game.  Here's a guy who's using it to teach the kids the game of life!  I'm anxious to see how BALL helps him continue this.

In the coming weeks, I'm going to formally introduce this concept (in modified form) in a BALL lesson.  And he's going to be an honorary BALL Storyteller.  Watch for it!

Make each day your masterpiece!

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment